Pages

Ode to my laundry


Hello there, Laundry.
Why do you loathe me?
You prim me and trim me
Flatter and clothe me.

Yet you sit in the corner,
On the bed and the floor.
When guests come to visit
You peek through the door.

As much as I wash you,
You never stay clean.
Why do you have to be
So friggin’ mean?

Leave me alone, will ya?
I’m sick of your smell.
You get off the floor,
And you go to hell!!

The washer is broken.
The dryer is pooped.
You may look so simple
But you've got us all duped.

Acting quite innocent
There in your basket.
Then, BAM!
You’re a month-long pile of weekend-sucking task...ets

So there it is, Laundry.
That’s how I feel.
Please don’t be mad,
I’m just keepin’ it real.

I know you don’t mean it,
And I guess you’re OK.
But I’m going to keep
Hating you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment